Our 2018 program welcomed children from 18(!) area schools. Parents brought 19 children; 4 came with a grandparent, sibling or aunt; 8 with family friends. Faculty enrolled 6 children (4 of their own; 2 friends), but as has been the pattern since we started tracking, the bulk of the participants were enrolled by staff members from across campus.
We thank presenters:
֍Plant History – Megan O’Keefe, Forest and Natural Resources Management ֍
֍Wind Turbines – Maura Stefl and Brittany Wong, Experiential Learning and Outreach֍
֍ Yoga – Mary Hagemann ֍
֍ Great Lakes Food Web – Stacy Furgal, Environmental and Forest Biology ֍
֍ Stormwater Infrastructure – Environmental Resource Engineering Club (ERE Club) & NY Water Environment Association (NYWEA) ֍
֍Designing a Park – Prof. Maren King, Savy Kep, Shaghayegh Shahhosseini, Olivia Pinner, Remi Lynch, Maggie Pasanen, Landscape Architecture & the Center for Community Design Research֍
֍Analyzing Human-Wildlife Conflict – Dr. Andrea Parker, Environmental Studies֍
More photos available here.
We also thank:
- Rock star chaperones: Brad Fierke, Vizma Leimanis, Makayla Thornton, Kanika Jakhmola, Steven Grunwald, and Hollis Harrington;
- Prep team: Heather Engelman and Nichole Angell
- Lunch team: Kanika Jakhmola, Dawn Jewell, Caroline Bailey, Linda McGuigan and Josh Arnold
- photographers: Heather Engelman and Paul Otteson
- the many offices that contributed stuff for kids to carry out activities: ALUMNI RELATIONS and the ESF CAMPUS BOOKSTORE, pencils and magnets; SU BOOKSTORE, mugs; COMMUNICATIONS, string backpacks; OPEN ACADEMY, puzzle pens; PROVOST’s OFFICE and ESF WOMEN’S CAUCUS, lunch, snacks, color printing, potting media; GREENHOUSE, pots and space; CHESTNUT PROJECT, seed; PHYSICAL PLANT and MORRISVILLE AUXILLIARY SERVICES, set & clean up; COPY CENTER, B/W printing. Consistent with the 2018 national program theme, each of these individuals, organizations and offices are, indeed, agents of positive change